Monday, June 6, 2011

Pippin's Question Box

Hi, everybody, I'm a new manager along with Toads Rockz and awesome_spectacular1009. Since some people (ahem awesome_spectacular1009 and Toads Rockz, well not as much Toad Rockz, more like awesome_spectacular) have been neglecting the question box, Pippin found in necessary to find another manager. I'll be helping manage the question box from now on! Yay! Anyway, onwards with the topic, clouds. Have you ever stared up at the sky and wondered about the clouds? (That's not the real question!) Well, I certainly have and I came up with this question,
Why are clouds normally white, but when it's about to rain they turn grey?
Don't forget, don't use sites like yahoo answers!
Pidoodles!


1 comment:

njguy320 said...

Why are clouds normally white, but when it's about to rain they turn grey?

Well, clouds are normally white because the white tint that the clouds have is actually a reflection of all of the colors around it, where it absorbs the colors that are around it. Mostly the color that the cloud is absorbing is colorless light that comes from the sunlight. Clouds turn grey when it is about to rain because the cloud is more thick before a rainfall because it is holding more matter, where in this case that is water. Once the water gets released from the cloud, the cloud turns back to its original color of white because it now has a significantly lower amount of water in it than it had before. Overall, clouds can be both white and grey, and for very specific reasons.

Here is the source in which I got my information from:

http://articles.boston.com/2010-07-19/business/29292931_1_red-light-steam-blue-light

~~~~~njguy320